Modern families face many demands in life that often revolve around the various interests and schedules of their families. When a family has growing children, parents often have difficulty allocating the time available to them for important matters such as dental visits.
The Napa Valley Dental Group in Napa, CA offers its patients family appointments as a dental therapy scheduling option. Such appointments streamline the dental therapy processes by giving each member of the family the attention and dental treatment they need at the same time, or on closely consecutive times during the same day.
Aside from simplifying schedule concerns, appointments done for the whole family or a group of family members can also provide distinct advantages:
- Children, when accompanied by their siblings and/or parents to the dentist’s office, will come to regard dental visits as non-threatening and will be more cooperative during dental examinations.
- It is easier for your dentist to get a bigger perspective of any factors that may influence the existence of common or shared dental issues within the family.
- For example, if the family members are typically prone to cavities, your dentist can have a clearer grasp of the situation by asking about dietary choices shared by the family.
- As another example, the prevalence of discolored teeth or tooth staining within a family that rigorously brushes their teeth can be traced to medicines that may have been commonly taken or previously taken by its members, such the antibiotics tetracycline and doxycycline.
- Having family treatments is also much more convenient, not only in terms of time conserved but also in preparing and managing finances, because it becomes possible to plan a better budget when the specific dental needs of each family member are known in one day.
Consecutive or back-to-back appointments for family members can easily be scheduled. Simultaneous therapy and procedures can also be done, depending on the needs of the family members - an orthodontic procedure for a family member, while others may be having their teeth cleaned, getting a filling, or having their teeth undergo cosmetic bonding.
Family appointments also allow for the development of a professional yet warm relationship with your dentists. That can help family members be more supportive as a family unit, to the cause of improved oral health and dental hygiene.
To schedule family appointments, please get in touch with us by calling (707) 257-2400. Our office address is 2119 Jefferson St. Napa, CA 94559.