At Napa Valley Dental Group , we value your oral health including its overall look. If you are concerned about the imperfections of your teeth and smile, cosmetic dentistry might be the answer you are looking for and you have just come to the right place. Here we offer various cosmetic dentistry procedures to enhance the beauty of your smile by going beyond the restoration of your teeth’s function, the appearance of your smile will also be restored based on your most ideal result.
Cosmetic dentistry refers to process or work that focuses on improving how the teeth and gum looks, and refining a person’s bite.For example, dental fillings previously used to treat decayed teeth were primarily composed of gold and amalgam that leaves visible spots to the teeth. Now, the patients have the option to select fillings made of porcelain or other materials that would match the color of your teeth and maintain the natural look of your teeth and smile.
COSMETIC DENTISTRY TREATMENTS
The following are the treatments that cosmetic dentistry include:
- Teeth Whitening – or tooth bleaching is one of the most common and inexpensive cosmetic dental procedure. This can be done at home with the use of over the counter products or by getting a professional teeth whitening procedure from a dentist.
- Composite Bonding – this procedure corrects and fixes chipped, broken or even decayed teeth by applying an enamel-like dental composite material on the tooth’s surface, where it is shaped, sculpted and hardened with the use of a high intensity light. This treatment effectively covers the damaged tooth and gives the appearance of a healthy tooth in its place.
- Porcelain and Composite Veneers – veneers masks a variety of dental imperfection including teeth discoloration and gaps between teeth. These are hard, thin shells made of teeth colored material or porcelain laminates that are adhesively bonded to the surface of the tooth
- Inlays and Onlays – are also known as indirect fillings, and are made from composite materials in dental laboratories. The inlay is placed directly on to the tooth surface to provide filling to teeth with tooth decay or similar damage. They are attached to the teeth using dental cement to provide support to the teeth, restore their shape and prevent further decay and damage.
- Dental Implants – are used as a replacement after tooth loss. A small titanium screw is secured by the dentist into the jaw, to hold the bone and supporting tissue in place. It makes the replacement natural looking and almost indistinguishable from the surrounding natural teeth and creates a more youthful appearance.
- Smile Makeover – usually involves a couple of dental procedures including dental veneers, dental implants, gingival sculpting and teeth whitening in order for the patient to achieve the look he / she wants. This will require an extensive assessment of the patient’s smile aesthetics to improve the overall appearance.
- Full Mouth Reconstruction – is done when your dentist examines and discovers that there is a need to provide necessary treatment to correct functional problems with biting, muscles, bone and teeth construction. Treatments that look natural can be provided to you by your dentists as materials required for this procedure are readily available today.
- Porcelain Crowns – is another option to cover heavily damaged teeth just like veneers
- Porcelain Bridgework – this replaces missing tooth by attaching it to the natural teeth on either side of the space.
- Clear Orthodontic Aligners – instead of metal braces, some children and adult alike are opting for clear orthodontic aligners to straighten their teeth.
- Cosmetic Gum Surgery – to give your gums better and leveled appearance, this minor surgery can be done to reshape gums
- Tooth Contouring and Reshaping – this refers to the process dentists use to smooth out or reshape teeth with the use of a drill or laser.
Cosmetic Dentistry offers various benefits and some of them are the following:
- Cosmetic dentistry can correct numerous aesthetic flaws.
- Cosmetic treatment can make you look younger.
- Cosmetic treatment can enhance your career.
- Some procedures can help prevent future damage.
- Cosmetic dentistry can boost your self-confidence.
- Cosmetic dentistry is fairly easy to find
- Recovery time is relatively short
- Cosmetic dentistry has long lasting effects.
If you think you need any one of the procedures done for you, do not hesitate to contact our dental office.