There are times when more than one dental treatment is needed for a patient to achieve the best smile possible. Varied dental issues may be present, requiring different procedures. In such cases, a Smile Makeover may be the ideal comprehensive solution your dentist will recommend.
Napa Valley Dental Group in Napa, CA offers a personalized series of cosmetic dental treatments so that you can meet your ideal smile goals.
Determining if the Treatment is for You
Before you can have a Smile Makeover, your dentist will want to discuss several important matters with you. This step is crucial, as this is when your dentist can gain vital information and form insights that will help in arriving at your goals.
Your dentist will ask you specifics about how you see your teeth and smile, what you like or dislike about them, and what your idea of a great looking smile is. Then, your dentist will discuss which dental treatment options would be most suitable for you.
Factors to Consider
You and your dentist will go over these major factors in considering which dental procedures need to be done:
- Fixing of teeth’s spacing and alignment – when your teeth have gaps or are crooked, your dentist may recommend the use of veneers, and orthodontics or Invisalign.
- Pronounced Decay and replacement of missing teeth – when some of your teeth are missing or when some of your teeth need to be removed because of pervasive decay, several procedures may be considered. These include extraction, bridgework, partial denture, and dental implants.
- Improvement of teeth color – when you want a uniform look to the color of your teeth, any silver or amalgam fillings have to be replaced by tooth-colored fillings, also known as composite restorations. You may also need teeth whitening procedures to correct stained or discolored teeth.
- Receding gums – when you have receding gums, it can become awkward to smile because your teeth may appear loose and crooked. Among the solutions offered may be gum grafting or a periodontal laser treatment.
- Fuller cheeks and lips for a more youthful look – if this is one of your major concerns, your dentist may recommend maxillofacial surgery and/or orthodontics.
- Modern dental technology is capable of providing solutions to some dental issues that are in the way of you having a great smile.
To discuss which options would be most appropriate for your Smile Makeover, please schedule your appointment by calling (707) 257-2400. Our office is located at 2119 Jefferson St. Napa, CA 94559.